The travel and tourism industry in India is currently experiencing unprecedented growth. The industry is one of the largest and most profitable industries in India and contributes significantly to the foreign exchange earned. As per various studies, the industry is expected to create over 45 million jobs in India by 2025.
Tourism is the world’s largest industry and one of the objectives of tourism development is economic gain. This is not a narrow matter of private sector providers of tourism services making a profit. Travel and Tourism Management are one of the programmes that provide students with the knowledge and skills to excel in areas related to accommodation management, eco-tourism, revenue management, financial management, etc. with respect to the travel and tourism industry.
Why this Course
Interested in pursuing Tourism as a career? You have come looking at the right place! If travelling and meeting a new person is your area of interest, then travel and tourism courses are something that you should look at. With India gaining popularity amongst travelling enthusiasts, there are a lot of jobs that are coming up in the industry.
Students have endless career opportunities in this fast growing industry of travel and tourism. Tourism is a worldwide industry, and the skills you learn at college are easily transferable. Candidates looking to pursue their career in the industry can choose to work for travel agencies, government tourism departments, tour operations, immigration and customs services, airlines, hotels, and the list continues.
- To get a thorough understanding of the components of tourism industry and to acquire knowledge and information pertaining to tourism industry.
- To help students to understand Social-Cultural, Environmental richness of an area.
- To orient and equip students with Travel Management skills of the age.
- To develop entrepreneurial skills among students
Student will able to…
- Agency manager.
- Regional tourism manager.
- International retail travel consultant.
- Visitor information officer.
- Tourism consultant.
- Tour leader/guide.
Modules at a Glance
PAPER-I: TOURISM BUSINESS
- An Introduction to Tourism
- Forms of Tourism
- Role of transport in Tourism growth and Development
- Impact of tourism
PAPER II -TOURISM PRODUCT
- Tourism Resources
- Tourism Resources of India.
- Tourism Resources Potential
- Socio Cultural Resource – Art and Architectural Heritage of India
- Man-made Resources in India
How to Apply
The Certificate Courses are offered twice a year during even and odd semesters. Students interested can take admission in the offered certificate courses at the beginning of the semester.
Students from other institutions can also take admission in these certificate courses at the beginning of even and odd semesters by contacting the concerned teacher incharge and by paying the required fees for the course.
Any individual who has successfully completed HSC (12TH) in any Stream. Or Any student Studying in KES Shroff College in different programmes.
The Certificate will be awarded to the student who
- will attend the lectures as per college norms minimum 60% attendance is must to appear for the examination.
- will successfully pass the examination with a minimum 40% .